Monday, April 2, 2012

New Outside Hitter for 2012

This past weekend I was down in Houston for the JVA World Challenge.  It was a good chance to see teams from the Midwest such as Sports Performance and KIVA play the top teams from Texas (I also did a little bit of recruiting).

Before the tournament started we had the privilege of signing Anita Permenter, an outside hitter from Clear Brook High School.
Pictured: Back row (L-R): Trainer Cathy Supak, Head Coach Meredith Thompson, Assistant Coach Jessica Curtis Front Row (L-R): Bruce Permenter, Anita Permenter, Coach Tiffin

I like going to these signings because it gives you an idea of what the school thinks about the player.  I had staff members tell me how much they enjoy having Anita at their school, and I even had a parent of one of her teammates tell me what a great kid she is and how much her daughter enjoys playing with Anita.  Comments like those mean a lot to me.

Anita is a 6 rotation outside hitter, which means she is someone who we do not have to sub off the court.  Right now she is playing club ball for Texas Tornados 18 Mizuno, which is their top team.  Her club coach, Lilly Denoon, played professionally for many years so Anita has a great coach teaching her the skills she will need to be successful here in the fall.

In short, we love Anita and her family and could not be more excited to have her choose Hill College.  I believe she can challenge for a starting position next season, making our team more dynamic and well rounded.  More importantly, she brings a great verbal quality to the team; one that will push her teammates to get better in practice and during games.

- Coach Tiffin

No comments:

Post a Comment