Friday, November 19, 2010

First signing!

So yesterday we went down to Rogers, Texas and signed our first player for the 2011-2012 season!  Cayleigh Drake, who might very well have tied for the lead in kills this year in the state of Texas with 838, is coming to play for us!  A middle blocker who could also potentially play outside.  I cannot tell you how excited I am.  When I was hired for this job, I called my parents to let them know, then I hung up the phone and called Cayleigh to offer her.  That is how highly I think of her.
Yes, I realize I can't smile.  Here's a picture of her signing:
Thats her coach, Coach Rogers (who also played at Hill College) on the right.  So Cayleigh will come in next year and I expect her to contribute right away.  She will wear #3.  Here's a link to the newspaper article about her signing: Cayleigh's signing

Speaking of #3's, our current #3 Lauren Ray signed her National Letter of Intent earlier this week to play at Henderson State!  I am very proud of her.  She has worked incredibly hard in the past 5 years I've known her and now she gets to go to a solid volleyball program and conference, play at a high level, and graduate with a great degree and be pretty much debt free.  She has earned everything she gets.

Finally, we are in the middle of off season right now.  A lot of conditioning and plyometric work, but our hitters are also learning a new type of swing that will make them very effective.  You will see a different team on the court in the spring.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment